Thursday, October 4, 2007

Rip It! Rip It!

I have been knitting, just not posting. My SAM4 KAL socks are the socks that won't end it seems. I love the chevron pattern, the first sock is done, and I have a good start on the second, but they are taking forever! I missed the deadline for September, so I guess they'll be October socks. I won't post pictures until they're done.

I sort-of finished a tank top that I had been working on. I'm not fond of it really, and need to rip the finishing edge on one of the sleeves - I didn't do a good job picking up the stitches and I guess I didn't really notice it until I was done with the second one. I'll photo that and post over the weekend so you can see what I mean. I also have a problem down at the cast on edge where I have a goofy loopy thing that I can't seem to get rid of. I will take it into the yarn store on open knit afternoon and see if they can help me correct that. I am tempted to frog the whole thing - I'm just not happy with it. Anyway, I'll get a picture and post it before I correct the messed up armhole so you can see what I did.

I had promised myself I would finish that tank top before I cast on for a baby sweater I had been wanting to do and/or a sweater for myself I have yarn for. When I finished the tank, even though it wasn't quite right, I justified the casting on of the baby sweater. I was happily knitting along on this pattern (#211) and had company on the way. I turned the page to see what I was going to be doing next, and read ahead a bit, and then went back to knitting and waited for my company. Company came, and I didn't get back to the sweater until much later that evening. I continued to knit the following night, and then last night as I was knitting on it, realized I had made a critical error.









I had skipped two lines on the one page of the pattern when I was reading ahead, and they contained the buttonhole for the placket at the neckline. Unfortunately this little item will be ripped out tonight and I'll be starting over from the beginning this evening. It is such a minor thing, but so crucial to the design, and I just don't see any way around it. Live and learn!

1 comment:

"T" Van Hoecke said...

Oh Karen, sorry to hear abaout all the ripping going on over there, but glad you have gotten some knit time. Things are going well on my sweater. We'll have to get together on Sunday for some knitting ; )