Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Red Socks

I finished the red socks about a month ago, shortly after my last post. My daughter loves them, and I think they turned out very nice. These socks fit like a glove, due to the ribbing on the sides of the foot (you can see in the third picture the best). I will be making another pair with this pattern for sure. I have finished a pair of brown beaded socks too, but they haven't had their pictures taken yet. I will get to that shortly. (Click pictures to enlarge.)


I have gotten back to my Landscape Shawl and am loving the progress on it so far. I am nearing the end of the first skein and enjoy the process very much.

I have discovered Audible and listened to my first book while I was knitting last month. It was The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. It is read by the author, so the pronunciations of all the names and places (it was set mostly in Afghanistan) were done for me, and I truly enjoyed it. It is a wonderful story of friendship and loyalty, and I would recommend reading (or listening) to anyone. It is something different from what I normally would read I think, as I like Grisham, Michael Crichton, Oprah's books of the month. . . It was a surprise for me to have liked it so much, and I think that is one of the things I like about Audible - you get to read reviews from others who have listened to the book, and I think it will help broaden my horizons.

Other than knitting I have been laying low and waiting for Spring. It is cold in Minnesota yet, with a raw wind on most days. I walked the dog a few times this month, but it is so icy (and did I mention cold) that I have a hard time motivating myself. I feed the birds and sometimes the best part of winter is being inside looking out as far as I'm concerned. I have been rewarded with at least one pair of cardinals all year this year, and I am just thrilled to watch them at the feeder.

No comments: