Sunday, August 5, 2007

Knitting Pictures



Maple Seed Hat

http://ahknits.typepad.com/knititude/2006/06/maple_seed_hat.html

I made this hat using Mission Falls 100% Merino Superwash Wool on size 8 Addis. This was my first time using the Mission Falls superwash, and I handwashed it and was very happy with the way it washed. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the model is my great nephew, and his mama is holding him. He swims in the hat, but the color suits him and he loves the camera. I'm happy to have a model - he's happy to be in front of the camera - everybody's happy. ; )



These are socks that I actually made pre-blog, but this year, so I thought I'd post them anyway. They were for my daughter's 18th birthday. They are from Austermann Step and I think size 1 Knitpicks. I made them using the Magic Loop Method. I love the Austermann Step yarn, and this is my second pair of socks using this yarn. I wash and dry mine in the washer and dryer regularly and they hold up very nicely. The pattern is Helen's Favorite Socks from Fiber Trends, the Mock Cable version. Unfortunately the pictures don't show off the cables as nicely as I would have liked. Next time I'll have to get a photographer or a model to assist me. I will definitely make these socks again in a plain sock yarn. The LYS had them displayed in a plain burgundy, and the cables just popped out at you. They were beautiful! I like these very much and (I think) the colorway is awesome, but think the pattern would have been better served with a less colorful yarn.


No comments: