Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh Blogger Where Art Thou?

I definitely need to learn to knit faster. There's so much to knit and so little time and, of course, that darned day job gets in the way! I have been knitting, but seems I have little to show for it. I do have pictures of some felted clogs I have started. I should finish them this weekend and have them felted by Monday I hope.

































I am still a "rookie" blogger, and so don't know how to get my photos to so they can be enlarged. I have asked Tina how to get this accomplished, so hopefully I will make some progress in that department and I will have better quality photos in the future.

I am also finishing up on my first pair of socks for the SAM4, I'm about down to the toe decreases on the second pair. I hope to finish those up tonight, and may cast on for September's pair yet this weekend. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to make. I have accumulated quite a stash of sock yarn, and how does one make the decision???

My cousin's daughter Allison (does that make her my 2nd cousin then?) was over last weekend and we had a knitting lesson. She will be a sixth grader this year. I must be a creepy teacher, as we weren't quite successful in getting her knitting, but we are going to keep trying. In the meantime, I bought a knitting loom, and she is going to make herself a scarf, and I am going to knit her a hat and some mittens as a belated birthday gift. She got a new winter coat that just happens to be in her (new) school colors, and we are pretty excited to be teaming up on this project. I will probably get with Allie later this weekend too and see if we can get her started on the loom. Photos to follow for sure!

No comments: